Electronic cigarettes are rapidly becoming the cigarette of choice for many smokers today. They can be smoked in many places traditional cigarettes are banned, and smokers don’t have to worry about cigarette odors, cigarette breath, or ash.
But all electronic cigarettes are not created equal. Here are 8 things you should consider when choosing an electronic cigarette:
1. Durable, Quality Batteries: The electronic cigarette battery is the lifeblood of the electronic cigarette. You should make sure that your battery is powerful enough to get you through a full day of smoking – at least 300 puffs worth.It’s also important to make sure that the battery is durable. You’ll be keeping it in your pocket and it’s sure to take a number of bumps throughout your day.
2. Ease of Use: When electronic cigarettes were first introduced to the market they utilized a 3 piece design. This design required smokers to manually refill their e-cigs with a messy smoking liquid that would frequently spill and get everywhere, staining clothing and furniture. They also contained a reusable atomizer which would clog and reduce performance with use.
Today the industry standard is the 2-piece design. This design makes replacing the e-cigarette cartridge very easy, because the cartridge comes pre-filled with smoking liquid. It also contains a fresh atomizer in each replacement, ensuring a fresh experience with each puff. To replace they cartridge, you simply need to screw off the used cartridge (cartomizer) and screw on a fresh one. Be sure to choose an electronic cigarette that has a 2-piece design.
3. Multiple Charging Options: The battery is what keeps you vaping. If you choose an electronic cigarette kit that only has a USB charger, then you’ll be out of luck when you run out of power and you’re nowhere near a computer to charge it.
Be sure to get an electronic cigarette kit that gives you multiple charging options – preferably a car adapter and a wall adapter. This pretty much guarantees that you’ll be able to charge your battery anywhere you are.
4. Flavor: Let’s face it, you can certainly smoke any cigarette you want to, but the only ones that you’ll enjoy are the ones with great flavor. You might find that you like to change your flavor to match your mood or that you want to try a number of flavors until you find your favorite. The point is the more flavor options, the more likely you’ll find the best flavor for you.
Specifically regarding tobacco flavors, just like not all cigarettes have the same tobacco taste, e-cigarette flavors should also offer multiple tobacco options. Choose an e-cig company that has multiple flavors and multiple tobacco flavor options. Also choose one that’s known for their flavor.
5. Cartomizer Life: This is another “usage” thing. Yes, you want to make sure you get a good flavor, but you also want that flavor to last. It’s really annoying to change your cartomizer after 50 puffs – even if you paid a cheaper price for that cartomizer.
Make sure that the cartomizers from the company you choose last a long time – at least 340 puffs per cartomizer. The more puffs per cartomizer, the longer you’ll go between changing cartomizers – and the more you’ll save because of it.
6. USB Cigarette: It happens to everyone. Sometimes you just forget to charge your batteries. How are you going to enjoy your e-cigarette without a charged battery?
A USB cigarette is essentially a battery that you plug in. Sometimes called a “USB Passthrough,” these are a great way make sure that you always have power to enjoy your cigarette – even if your other batteries are charging. Just screw on a cartomizer, and plug it into a USB port and you’ll have all the power you need until your other batteries are charged.
If possible, look for an electronic cigarette kit that has a USB cigarette in it.
7. High Smoke Volume: This is another thing to look for – high smoke volume. One of the little pleasures of smoking is watching the smoke escape your lips and form a cloud. Not all e-cigs are created equal in this regard. Be sure to read reviews and maybe even watch a video to make sure that the e-cig has a high smoke volume output.
8. Customer Service: This is a tip that really applies to any product that you choose – e-cig or not. A good customer service team is essential for guaranteeing that you get the best experience possible. The last thing you want is to spend a lot of money on an electronic cigarette kit, find out the battery doesn’t work and then spend hours trying to reach an actual person on the phone to help you, and then being told that they won’t replace that battery.
Be sure to choose a company with reliable customer service and product guarantees. Look for lifetime warranties on products, live chat etc. A good customer service department ensures a good experience for you.
There are a number of electronic cigarette companies out there – all with different messages and different products. It’s not easy to choose the right one for you, but hopefully these 8 tips will make it easier for you to make the right choice.